Sunday, March 29, 2015

Of evesdropping and more

Yesterday I managed to get my arse   banned from a social blogging site. The site owner had been asking for donations  awhile back,, and frankly, it was starting to annoy me. If it would have been a casual mention, I wouldn't have minded, but he was writing posts constantly and mentioning it. Oh, I shouldn't have said site owner, he had a partner who had the controlling  shares..... He was changing the site over, and when that was finished, his partner sold him the controlling shares.
I called him out on the constant pleas for money, and also told him that I believed that his "partner" was in all actuality, his "imaginary friend". Well he  went a little ballistic and banned me..... Oh well! 

So today I was visiting that site and thought I would take a good look. I probably should have done that before I joined awhile back. I guess I should always read the fine print,first.
Anyway, as I was looking over the fine print, I found something a little unsettling. Then as I thought about it, maybe this little piece of fine print is a part of all site policies. I checked here, and didn't find this same little piece of info, I may have missed it, but I don't think so. I'm sure you are all chomping at the bit and want to know WTF I'm talking about, ok here it is: SU has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of this site, including chat rooms, forums, blogs, photo albums, private messages.
They have a right to read YOUR private messages?????????? 
Yup, that site is really uncensored alright. I could see if it was a site that was made up of terrorists. Someone may want to know when to duck before the next blast hit, but a social blogging site has to know what I say to another friend. Really? Control freaks I guess! 

1 comment:

  1. all sites have the capability to read private messages of members BUT and this is what sifts out the sites that have integrity and those that do not.... sites that are on the up and up do NOT enter people's private message boxes unless they have been asked to by the member whose account is attached to the private message box.

    on another note ~ when that site first started the owner was begging for donations and I was a sucker and contributed generously several times over ..... one day right after I had contributed (within an hour in fact) I found myself banned and actually for nothing I did but rather becuz one of his admins was jealous of me..... wtf is to be jealous about.... talk about sawing off a foot. lmtlsao

    ReplyDelete